Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Interesting Quotes Relating To Events At School Today

At the mere mention of CTEN, a few teachers at my school act as if I want to perform human sacrifice.

Nah, that would be culturally-sensitive to our Aztec students, or something. But you get the idea. Conniption fit--and I don't even know if I spelled 'conniption' correctly.

Anyway, while reading NewsAlert (see blogroll at left) tonight, I came across some quotes that help describe and quantify my disappointment with my colleagues.

At the end of a post about a possible reinstatement of the so-called Fairness Doctrine, Steve opines:

Some people think everyone should have the same political views.

And in a post about a ballot initiative in the South Bay Area comes this quote from the San Jose Mercury News:

Measure A in many ways pits urban residents against rural landowners. The rural landowners are overwhelmingly outnumbered: Only 98,000 people, or 6 percent of the county's 1.7 million residents, live in unincorporated Santa Clara County. The rest live in cities such as San Jose, Palo Alto and Sunnyvale.

In other words, Jefferson's feared "tyranny of the majority" can strike even when we vote on something. I'm sure that the u-bots don't mind, though.

No comments: